Cozy Cable Socks
Posted by Andi on May 30, 2016
I finally finished these socks for Tim. It took me longer than normal to finish these. First, I put them down to finish the shawl I wore to the wedding. Second, I messed up the stitch placement on the second sock, so I put this project in time out for a while. Third, because of all the cables I had to cast on more stitches than I would for non-cabled socks, so it ate up more yarn and required more stitches than I typically use.
I did not weigh the hank of yarn before I started knitting, but I always weigh my finished objects so I can figure out how many yards were used. When I weighed these socks this morning, they were 102 grams. It’s supposed to be a 100 gram skein. Weird! I didn’t have much yarn left – maybe just enough for a hexipuff. It’s a good thing there might have been slightly more yardage! So, when trying to figure the number of yards used, I just took what is supposed to be in a typical skein, so 435 yards.
It is difficult to photograph this yarn. In every kind of light it looks like a slightly different color. If you go to my project page you will see the socks are a slightly different color in each photo. It’s not quite periwinkle, it’s more purple than that, but not much. It’s a bit tonal and very beautiful.